As a sole practitioner engaged in giving private lessons in the Alexander Technique (‘AT’), I act as data controller with regard to applicable data protection law. I am committed to protecting the limited amount of information that I hold on you as a pupil and in acting in accordance with your rights under the General Data Protection Regulations and associated law.
Collection of your information
I only collect very limited information about you. I do so for the sole purpose of arranging and conducting private AT lessons. The information collected is:
- Your name and contact details, usually being your preferred contact number and /or email address.
- Details of your appointment history.
- I record basic details about the reason that you are taking lessons, e.g. if you have a back problem. I also often make notes of what we cover in a lesson, to act as a reminder to myself and to help me build on what we have done, in future lessons.
- I do not collect information about you from any other source than yourself and our lessons together, and within the boundaries of what you voluntarily provide.
How I use the information
The purpose for collecting data about you is primarily to arrange appointments and/ or communicate with you at your request.
- As above, it is sometimes used as a basic reminder to myself about why you are taking lessons (e.g. to mention that you have back problems) and what we have covered.
- Very occasionally, I may contact you to inform you of a workshop that I will be running, or send you a link to an article I think will be of interest to you personally.
Disclosure of information
I do not share or disclose your personal information with anyone else for any purpose, either in the UK or overseas.
Method of recording
Your information is held in written form only and held securely at 10 Asmuns Hill, London NW11 6ET.
Retention of your information
I will keep your information during the time that you are receiving lessons from me and for a period of 10 years from the date of your last lesson in case you resume lessons at a later date.
You have the right to be informed about the information that I hold about you and to receive a copy of that information.
You also have the right to object to the way that I hold or process that information in certain circumstances and to request its rectification and erasure.
If you have any questions or wish to exercise any of the above rights, you may email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or otherwise speak to me during a lesson.
You may also lodge a complaint about the way I process your personal information with the Information Commissioner’s Office (www.ici.org.uk) if you are not happy with my response or, if you are no longer resident in the UK, you may complain to the relevant data protection authority in your country of residence.
Carolyn Simon MSTAT
10 Asmuns Hill
London NW11 6ET